Friday, July 16, 2010

Black hole experiment

I was very keen in the subject of astrophysics. Today while bathing I was struck by an idea. I assumed that the water falling from the tap is light and the bucket kept under it is an initiated black hole. The falling water resembles light beams going into the blackhole and the bucket resembles a black hole absorbing the light. We know that when the black hole is saturated it explodes(have some doubt here. so if i am wrong please correct me). Similarly as the bucket gets fully filled the water starts coming out of it.

Hence this shows the working of a black hole. I know it is a silly comparison but was curious to put this up in front of so many intelligent people of this community.

I think you cant compare water with light...important difference is speed of water is increasing here but even if light is falling in black hole its speed remains constant(for conservation of energy some part of it bounces back into space (may be here we have to apply concept of matter & antimatter)(thats why black holes aren't completely black)
& also i don't think black hole explodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment